APICS Winnipeg March 2021 E-News
Dear APICS friends,
I invite you to explore the ASCM Connect community which is a global network to connect, share and network with fellow supply chain professionals. On the ASCM Connect Community members can:
Access ASCM Learning Materials
Join a group with other like minded professionals
Become or find a mentor in ASCM's mentorship program
Connect with ASCM members using the Member Directory
View the latest news and events from ASCM
Manohar Menon, CPIM, CSCP, CLTD
ASCM is recognizing many members may be facing unemployment in this unpreceidented time. If you are in this situation please see the following link to apply for a free 6 month unemployment membership. Unemployment Membership | ASCM
Please contact me if you have any questions, or comments. You can email me at [email protected]
Stay safe and healthy!
I am excited that we we will be offering our CSCP instructor led course in March. Visit our Events page for pre-registration details! APICS - Winnipeg Chapter - CSCP Virtual Instructor-Led Class Pre-Registration. In addition to our NEW Updated CPIM 1 and 2 7.0. For those of you interested in either the CPIM 1, CPIM 2, or CSCP Certifications. Visit APICS Certifications | ASCM to see which is the right fit for you next! I keep hearing how the start dates approached quickly. Plan today!
Visit ASCM for access to a FREE 90 day subscription to the Basics Of Distribution And Logistics Principals Course. This is a great opportunity to either expand your skill-set, or get a refresh. Principles on Demand (ascm.org).
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, or comments. I can be reached at [email protected]
Stay Safe and Healthy!
VP Education and Membership
Join the APICS WINNIPEG CHAPTER Board
The APICS Winnipeg Chapter is looking for interested individuals to join us as a member of the Board of Directors. We have open volunteer positions to oversee Education, Membership, Events, and Administration. Whether you are a seasoned-professional, or just starting out with your career, this volunteering opportunity is a great way to develop or further hone your leadership skills and open yourself to more networking opportunities.
Join us in leading our peers and colleagues in advancing supply chain management through providing APICS training and education needs. Email us anytime at [email protected]
ASCM Virtual Courses Roundup
- The APICS Winnipeg Chapter is currently offering the APICS CPIM Part 1 and 2 Instructor-led Virtual Courses for the Spring Term 2021. See our events list for details and to register.
- Basics of Distribution and Logistics. A 90 day subscription to access this course is still offerred for FREE at this time. This course qualifies for 3 maintenance points towards APICS CPIM, CSCP or CLTD certification. Click here to register. Other Principles on Demand courses can be found here.
- 2020 ASCM Connect+ Virtual Learning Series. A five-part virtual learning series offerring 20 hours of insights and supply chain solutions for both individuals and organizations. Learn about relevant topics such as artifical intelligence, sutainability, supply chain digitization and more. Module 3 is scheduled on March 17, 2021. Pricing is USD 99 for ASCM Members and USD 199 for non-members. To learn more and to register, click here.
- Managing the Impact of Covid-19. Check out various webinars, podcasts and other contents discussing how supply chain management navigate through the challenges brought by the pandemic as well as future insights post Covid-19 era.
- ASCM Educational Videos with presentations on various topics like risk planning, blockchain, big data, and many more can be accessed here. Check out these contents to gain insights and best practices.
- The ASCM 2020 Salary and Career Report is now available here. See how your salary and benefits compare to your peers and how education, certification and other factors impact your salary.
Be part of the new ASCM Connect Community
The ASCM Connect Community board is available and free for ASCM members. Join now and continue your journey with many supply chain professionals within the ASCM network. Click here to join.
We would like to congratulate our Student Chapter leadership for successfully holding the Annual UMSCO Meet & Greet this year via virtual/online platform last January 29th. Despite a few technical difficulties, the event generated active engagement from both participating companies and UMSCO student members.
UMSCO is continually finding innovative ways to host more virtual events so stay tuned for future announcements.
If you are a current full-time university student, we invite you to become an ASCM Student member and enjoy all ASCM member benefits for FREE. To learn more, visit www.ascm.org.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the
author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of APICS. Neither APICS nor the author(s) assume, and
hereby disclaim, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or
omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.